What are the advantages of SOAP?
- SOAP is platform independent.
- SOAP is language independent.
- SOAP is versatile enough to allow for the use of different transport protocols. The standard stacks use HTTP as a transport protocol, but other protocols also can be used.
- SOAP is vendor neutral.
- SOAP is very simple compared to RMI, CORBA, and DCOM because it does not deal with certain auxiliary features but important aspects of remote object systems.
- SOAP can be used to exchange information in a decentralized and distributed environment.